Sustainable Development Awareness Campaign Tour (SDGs ACT)
Sustainable Development Goals Awareness (SDGsACT) is a 17-months-long campaign around Africa on the global goals (the SDGs). The mission of the campaign is to raise awareness about the global goals and get one million youths to support the SDGs.
To imprint the SDGs into the heart of African youths for the realization of the SDGs by 2030.
HOW THE OBJECTIVES WERE ACHIEVED
1) SDGsACT seeks to address needs in particular communities. We would be going to raise awareness and pro-offering solutions to meet these needs.
2) Painting of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals on walls of public schools and walls of village chiefs to create awareness to the most vulnerable people.
1) Skills acquisition for youths and students - reading contest or spelling bee in the basic education system & sensitization and entrepreneurship seminars/lectures for quality education, poverty alleviation and job creation.
2) Free malaria test and counselling, sickle cell awareness/counselling, autism awareness, getting hand washing blocks for schools and sensitization; for improved healthcare and well being.
3) Conversion of waste to biogas, recycling initiative and sensitization for effective climate action against climate change, renewable energy and responsible consumption for sustainable development.
4) Holding government accountable by constantly reminding them of their commitment to sustainable development for the world.
Two months into our online awareness campaign we've gotten 130+ volunteers in 20 states in Nigeria and two other African countries who have committed to #TellEveryone about the global goals.
Finance and Logistics.
How to organise and conduct campaigns in the best way.