Back in 2013 I started working on feminism and gender equality to make people aware of it. I'm spreading the message through my website, social media and my writings.
In our country, I have been working with social and cultural organizations since 2006. I always consider the gender issue to make the decision gender sensitive. And raise my voice against any kind of violence based on gender. I found most of the educated people don't have proper knowledge on gender equality because of our cultural and religious barrier. It's an ongoing process.
- Talking about gender equality in everyday activity since 2013.
- Designed and conducted several training programmes throughout the year.
- Writing on the gender issue on my blog and social media.
- Talking with members of the organizations I am involved with to make gender sensitive decision in activity.
HOW THE OBJECTIVES WERE ACHIEVED
- To reduce gender based discrimination.
- To make people think out of the cultural and religious barrier.
- To have a society that has no gender based violence.
- Using organizational activity I am involved with.
- Writing on social media and blogging.
- Raising my voice through cultural activity.
- Good response from my people in my community.
- People are changing their minds.
- People are interested in it.
- Patriarchy concept of mass people.
- Religious barrier
- Traditional education system
- Unskilled political leadership
It's very difficult to work in our society especially with uneducated people. And it's not possible to make change overnight. It's a continuous process. Need to engage more people to work on it.