Young Journalists & Writers (YJAW)
YJAW is a global online platform where all creative and enthusiastic writers can unite.
YJAW also welcomes critical thinkers, activists, social writers, poets and change makers to contribute through your pen.
The project completed two phases from 2013-2014 and 2014-2015. It was run by diverse team from 25 countries.
- Raise Voice for Social - Change through writing
- Promote Writing and Reading
- Promote MDGs and SDGs
- Promote Digital Activism
- Promote Youth, Girls, Women Rights and Tolerance
- Raise voice for Education, Peace, SRHR and Child Marriages
- Counter Extremism and Violence by Promoting Writing and Reading
HOW THE OBJECTIVES WERE ACHIEVED
150 Articles were produced by different writer and activists from around the world on more than 40 social issues including education, peace, etc.
- This global virtual platform was used to raise voices onsocial issues.
- Digital Activism
- Use of Social Media like Facebook, Twitter and blog spots for social change
- Diverse cultural and religious team from different countries.
- Reached 23,196 people
- Reached More Than 120 countries
- 150 Articles were produced on 40 social issues
Here is an article written about YJAW:
Mobilization and getting the trust of youth on a social online virtual platform.
Running the project without funding.
For common social issues we can gather young diverse people on a single platform to fight for change.
Digital activism is easy to access and we can get good results with less resources.