I launched a campaign for voters education during the local body election 2015 in Pakistan.
- To educate the community about the importance of voting.
- Enhance civic education.
HOW THE OBJECTIVES WERE ACHIEVED
I achieved all the set targets:
My focus was to target neglected areas and women. It was a challenge to meet these neglected and marginalized community groups.
I also train the polling agents on different subjects related to the election day
- Community awareness about their right to vote.
- Turn out of targeted areas are comparatively better.
-The community knows that their vote is important for decision making
- Target areas are neglected and mobility to these areas is such a challenge
- Most of the these people belong to poor communities and they are living in bad conditions. In this situation it is such a challenge to motivate them to attend the training.
- In some very marginalized communities it was difficult to sensitize people.
It was such a great lesson for me that everything is possible with devotion, even though my target areas were very poor. At the end of a full day's work they were only able to eat one meal for the day. However, I was still able to convince them to become involved in voting for the nation.