Joy industries DMAC foundation community outreach project
Joy Industries is the donor for Divine Mother and Child Foundation, a nominee in the organisation category. This project is aimed at 'Bringing Joy to the helpless' in our rural communities
Activities of this initiative includes free health screenings and education on diseases, for early detection and treatment. The screenings are for:
- Hypertension( checking of blood pressure)
- Diabetes (checking of blood sugar)
- Anaemia (checking of haemoglobin levels)
- Malaria(checking for malaria parasite using the random diagnostics tool)
- Hepatitis B
- Body mass index
- Typhoid fever
- Blood type
Vulnerable members of the community, including children, women, the aged and the disabled, benefit. Medical bills and donations in the form of food, clothing, and money are given out.
To provide and bring joy to the helpless through free health screening and vaccination.
Provide and support the needy through sponsorship of medical and surgical bills. Part of the funding from Joy Industries to Divine Mother and Child Foundation was to pay for this aspect of the campaign.
HOW THE OBJECTIVES WERE ACHIEVED
For the past year now this project can boast of health screenings and donations in the following rural communities, both in the Eastern and Volta regions of Ghana, benefiting about 90 000 individuals.
- Teacher Mante (Ayensuano district) in the Eastern Region
- Ho in the volta region
- Workers of Joy Industries
- Woe in the Volta region
- Tegbi in the Volta region
- Bossovilla (Akyemansa district) Eastern region
- Nanyor (Asuogyaman district) Eastern region
- Botanso Nsukwao electoral area in New Juaben municipality
Through this partnership two successful surgeries have been sponsored, worth GHC 15 000, at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
Orphans and rural communities are selected, together with the Ministry of Health, for the health screenings and other health related services.
The poor and needy persons are assessed very well before sponsoring them
About 90 000 persons have benefited from this project.
- Organization do not have a vehicle to transport members to rural areas.
- Organization had to hire or rent vehicles which were expensive.
CHALLENGES FACED BY THE DONOR
Funder had a reduction in sales and other marketing aspects which delayed regular payments to the organisation.
This project have really brought joy to the helpless.
DONATION AMOUNT (USD)
WHY IS THIS BRAVE PHILANTHROPY
The donor is one of the biggest companies in Ghana and is regarded as a leading brand in Ghana and Africa.The donor has invested a lot of money into the foundation and other companies in Ghana. Despite all the challenges the company opens its arm to us and support the poor and needy.